The Xerox Contexte Case Management System is a web-based application for managing court cases in Arkansas. The application is accessed over the Internet through the Internet Explorer web browser and requires 50 kilobytes per second of dedicated bandwidth for each active user session. The system is hosted by the Administrative Office of the Courts. This document provides the minimum hardware, software and network requirements in order to use the system.
- 1.0 GHz Processor or faster
- 4GB of RAM or greater
- 10/100/1000 Network Interface Card (NIC)
- Keyboard, Monitor and Mouse
- 20 GB Hard Drive or greater
Contexte can be used to print reports, documents such as warrants and letters, receipts, and checks, and imaging barcodes.
- HP LaserJet  4000 series (black and white) or equivalent printer works well with all types of printouts from Contexte.
- Receipts can be printed in either 40 character or 80 character output.
- Epson M188D (or TM-U220 series ) is a good quality impact printer for 40 character output. 2-ply paper rolls (XWP-2P90) with yellow copy can be used with these printers to generate an original and copy when a receipt is printed.
- HP LaserJet  4000 series or equivalent can be used for printing receipts using a laser printer with 80 character output.
- Courts taking a high volume of payments should consider dedicated standalone or network printers for receipt printing.
- HP LaserJet 4000 series or equivalent laser printer with PostScript driver is required to print checks from the system.
- If the court uses a document management system to store images, the batch imaging function can be used in conjunction with a barcode label printer. The document management system must be able to interpret the barcode label in order for batch imaging to function correctly.
- Zebra ZDesigner LP 2824 thermal label printer  is the preferred barcode printer for this purpose. The required label stock is Zebra 800262-125 - 2.25"W x 1.25"H labels.
TWAIN compatible driver
- It is usually included with the installation CD packaged with the scanner,
- It can be obtained from the manufacturer’s website of the scanner; or
- It can be obtained directly from TWAIN.ORG: http://www.twain.org/about-twain/find-certified-drivers-2.html
- USB Connection, 2.0 or 3.0 is sufficient
High-capacity for large paper volume courts:
- Canon DR-7580 or equivalent (expensive; premium model)
- Canon DR-M160 or equivalent (moderate, mid-range model)
Standard-capacity for smaller volume courts:
- Canon DR2510C or equivalent
Recommend Scanner Settings:
- Noise reduction
- Blank page settings
- Double sided settings (if applicable)
- 300dpi Resolution – Black and White
- Skip blank pages enabled
- De-speckle/dust removal
- Image type: PDF (Standard web format)searchable, not image
Recommend file sizes:
- Each file should be no more than 50 pages total (black and white).
- Color scanned documents depend on the content and the courts requirements.
2. OPERATING SYSTEM AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
Contexte is compatible with the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
- Microsoft Vista
- Microsoft Windows 7 (Recommended)
- Microsoft Windows 8 (Recommended)
- Microsoft Windows 10 (Recommended)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10 or 11
Contexte requires the following version of Java:
Sun Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0_39
Up to Version
Sun Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0_45
One of the following versions of Adobe Acrobat is required to view reports:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader X
- Adobe Acrobat Reader XI
In order to use the On-demand Print (ODP) functionality of Contexte to generate documents such as warrants, summons, and letters, one of the following versions of Microsoft Word is required:
- Microsoft Word 2003
- Microsoft Word 2007
- Microsoft Word 2010
- Microsoft Word 2013
If the court's project includes data conversion, at least one person on the court implementation team must have Microsoft Excel 2003 or later in order to participate in data mapping for the conversion. This process is necessary in order to match court system data elements to Contexte.
3. NETWORK, INTERNET, WIRING REQUIREMENTS
- No HUBS are permitted on the local network.
- High-speed switch hardware (10/100/1000).
- Wiring should include Cat5, Cat5e, Cat6, or Fiber optic.
- 50KBps of available network and Internet bandwidth is required per active Contexte user session.
- Courts with multiple physical locations must have all locations connected by fiber or cable with sufficient network bandwidth to support all users.
- ISP monitoring to verify available bandwidth.
- Appropriate ports opened on firewalls and routers for application access over the Internet.
Any Questions or Issues please Email: